Campbell, CA –– January 12, 2011 –– 6Connex, the premier provider of virtual event software to the Fortune 500, today announced its Virtual Experience Platform now has even more security options. Customers in the healthcare, life sciences and technology sectors will be able to host completely secure virtual environments for both internal and external audiences.
“In addition to our already robust security options, we’re now offering a secure content distribution network capability,” said Leon Papkoff, Chief Technology Officer at 6Connex. “This means that we’re monitoring both who gets into a secure virtual environment, as well as ensuring that when content is distributed, it’s done so in a protected way.”
The 6Connex Virtual Experience Platform features a litany of high security features. These include:
• Unique User Name - 6Connex uses email address as user name.
• Password Complexity – 8 - 30 character passwords required, containing special characters and numbers.
• Unique Session with Termination – 6Connex issues a session "cookie" only to record encrypted authentication information for the duration of a specific session. The session "cookie" does not include either the username or password of the user. All sessions are one-use only and terminated once a user has logged out of the event or closed their browser. This assures that no user’s session may be stolen. 6Connex does not use "cookies" to store other confidential user and session information.
• Secure Registration – Registration controlled by white-listing users or email domains to ensure that only those users who have permission to enter the event may register.
• Secure Cookies and Storage – All user-specific cookies are protected and stored securely to ensure that no user’s cookies may be stolen and reused.
• Secure Data Transfer – All data transfers are over SSL to assure data security.
• Encrypted Content File System – All Content is encrypted to assure that it may only be accessed by those securely logged into the virtual event.
• Secure Entitlement – Ability to securely control which users see what content within an event based on individual entitlement levels.
• Secure Chat – All Chat traffic controlled through SSL to assure privacy of conversations.
• Secure Server Environments - 6Connex is hosted in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
• Secure CDN - 6Connex provides content distribution through an authenticated and authorized Content Distribution Network.
“With our roster of Fortune 500 customers, security is paramount,” said Scott Kellner, Chief Marketing Officer at 6Connex. “This is in addition to our worldwide network of CDN distribution points, which ensures robust performance regardless of where an attendee resides.”
6Connex is the pioneer of virtual experience technology marketing solutions. Our Virtual Experience Platform is online conference software that maximizes ROI through web conferences, online seminars, digital expos, virtual training and online presentations for external customers and prospects plus internal employees and partners. In addition to expanding reach and market presence via web presentations, it enables new virtual networking opportunities by combining advanced social collaboration with secure information delivery and distribution. 6Connex has developed award-winning, results-oriented virtual technology marketing solutions for industry leaders such as Cisco, HP, DuPont, Intel and Procter and Gamble. Visit 6Connex for more information.